I’m still kind of new to this blogging thing, and I’m trying my hardest to make the blog entertaining while staying on topic. I’m so impressed with the more prolific bloggers out there. I look like a slacker! But I’m trying to juggle writing/revising, work, and blogging. Luckily I don’t have much of a social life. 🙂
To comply with the rules of this meme, here are 7 things I love:
1. My critique parter denisejaden . She’s prompt, comes up with killer suggestions, and we have a blast corresponding about writing stuff and other topics. Not only that, she made me cry yesterday with a gushing post about why she loves her critique partners. This single paragraph isn’t doing her justice. More to come!
2. I am a proud member of the cult of Mac. I love all my mac products. My computer, my iPod, and now my shiny new iPhone. Seriously, I don’t know how I went this long without one, I’m already addicted.
3. Even though it’s been 15 years or so, I still love My So-Called Life. I know all the lines to every episode, but when Jordan takes Angela’s hand at the end of Self-Esteem, I just melt.
4. I love that my boyfriend’s hobby is gourmet cooking. He doesn’t do it nearly enough, especially with that pesky diet he’s on. My favorite dish of his is braised short ribs with some kind of horseradish/parsley spread. He probably has a fancier name for it. I also love his meatballs.
5. I know this isn’t very surprising coming from a writer, but I really do love to read. I love when I come across a gorgeous sentence that gives me such a perfect image, one only that writer could come up with. I love when I care so much about characters I think about them after I finish a book instead of my own stories. I love when a book makes me laugh. Or cry. Or realize something about myself I never knew.
6. In addition, I love those moments when you *know* you just wrote an awesome line or when something finally clicks and you finally know how to solve a pesky revision problem that’s been hindering you. I love those moments of clarity when it all comes together.
7. I love my freelance day job. I’m a creative person–or should I say Kreative?–so I need to outlet it in writing and art. Since I’m freelance, I often have days off that I devote to writing. I love bouncing around to various companies, always working on different projects. It keeps things fresh, while it’s all under the same heading of motion graphics/compositing. I also still love seeing my work on TV, even if it’s not as rare or special anymore.
As for who to tag, I think most of you in the blogosphere have been tagged, and really, how can I choose out of so many wonderful blogs? So I tag anyone who hasn’t yet received this award, because you deserve it too.