1. Today is the year anniversary of when my agent emailed me to set up a phone call. The phone call happened on V-day and she offered representation. It’s been a great year, and I’m so thrilled to be working with her. She’s an awesome agent!
2. I’m sending out my first five chapters of the super secret WIP to her today. I’ve implemented all my critique partners’ comments, deleted many scenes, added new ones, changed names, made characters more sympathetic, gutted chapters, line edited, etc etc. It’s been a whirlwind few weeks, but I’m really proud of the result. I can’t wait to hear what my agent thinks! We’re both super excited about this new project.
3. As I wait on her feedback to the new WIP as well as on (good?!?!) news about my book on sub, I think I may switch gears for a little bit. I can’t really move forward on the super secret book until I discuss it with my agent, and I’m not ready to revise that other book I wrote in December. I have a producer friend who asked me to write a screenplay because he knows of a studio looking for something very specific (of which I can’t reveal details, but it’s a teen comedy). I talked about some ideas with him about a month ago, and now I’m ready to try to bang out a draft of it. I don’t have as much practice/experience with screenplays as I do novels, but I think this will be a nice change of pace for a few days.
4. Let’s declare next week is the week of good news. I’d like everyone on my friends’ list to receive good news. This mandatory, I will not accept excuses!
5. What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? I’m not the biggest fan of this holiday because it sucks for those who are single and it puts a lot of pressure on those in a relationship. Since my boyfriend is a wannabe culinary chef, he’s making us dinner. My gift to him is cleaning the apartment (something I seriously slack on). I know it sounds boring, but he’s making my favorite meal: meatballs and spaghetti. Seriously though, they are unlike any other meatballs, and he makes a killer sauce. He’s also making me chocolate truffles. I will try not to get my hopes up for a ring. He knows he’s not allowed to propose on major holidays or birthdays. Too cliche!
A bonus #6. I’m working for the next three weeks! Take that, economy! Also, I’ve had to abandon reading for the last week to complete my revision and also because I had a load of critiques to pay back (still working on some of them). So I’m looking forward to commuting where I can lose myself in a book for 20 minutes.