1. I am about 45k into my super secret retelling rewrite. Wow that’s a mouthful. My first drafts are usually way too long (I prefer this because cutting things and killing darlings gives me a serious high) so I estimate I’m a little more than halfway done. That seems to coincide with my trusty outline. I really really love this revision. It is much stronger than my last version.
2. I am extremely excited for the finale of Lost tonight. But that just means tomorrow will be the most disappointing day ever! I’ll have soooo long to wait until the next episode! Still, it’s better than next year at this time when there won’t be another episode.
3. While I am crushing on Kris, I think my boyfriend might be crushing on Adam. He keeps making me rewatch Adam’s performances. He sits at the edge of the seat, literally, and just stares in awe at the TV. Then he goes on long, passionate rants why Adam should win. I’m starting to get worried. But hey, I think I know what to get him for his birthday. A custom made Adam Lambert pin up poster!
4. I’m also looking forward to attending this tonight. I’ll have a recap tomorrow:
May 13 — Teen Author Reading Night
(6-7:30pm, Jefferson Market Branch of NYPL, 425 6th Ave, at 10th St.)
Nick Burd, The Vast Fields of Ordinary
Cecil Castellucci, Geektastic
Susane Colasanti, Waiting for You
Sarah Cross, Dull Boy
Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, The Real Real
Kieran Scott, Geek Magnet
5. The elevators in my apartment both stopped working at the same time. I think this is an evil conspiracy to get me to exercise by walking up eleven flights of stairs multiple times per day.