Saw this on a few LJer blogs and I am short on time today so this is perfect to post.
This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
1. TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer
2. THE HANDMAID’S TALE by Margaret Atwood
3. A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeline L’engle
4. FIGHT CLUB by Chuck Palahniuk
5. VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead
6. THE END OF THE AFFAIR by Grahame Green
7. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER by Sarah Dessen
8. HOMECOMING by Cynthia Voigt
9. VALLEY OF THE DOLLS by Jacqueline Susan
10. GUITAR GIRL by Sarra Manning
11. WINTERGIRLS by Laurie Halse Anderson
12. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen
13. RULES OF ATTRACTION by Bret Easton Ellis
14. LOLITA by Vladimir Nabokov
15. GULLIVER’S TRAVELS by Jonathan Swift
*Note, there is one that definitely should be on this list, but since I’m retelling it and my agent wants me to keep which book I’m retelling a secret until it’s closer to submission, I can’t actually name it.
**For some reason the Babysitter’s Club book #8 BOY-CRAZY STACEY will always stick with me. I can recall the entire novel. But I felt stupid posting it so I put it as an amendment. (And btw, I did not have to look up which number the book was, that’s how vividly I remember it.)