Six Things On A SaturdayFiled under: Uncategorized
1. I forgot to mention this, but I *finally* finished the first draft (technically third draft if you count the previous two versions I discarded) of my retelling and I’ve already started revising it. I know I’m supposed to let it marinate for a bit, but I had so many days I couldn’t write the last few weeks that I ended up doing that without meaning to.
2. I am super excited for SCBWI LA. I can’t believe it’s less than a month away! Denise Jaden (
3. I adore the new show MAKE IT OR BREAK IT. I really like shows about sports competitions despite not liking actual sports. Ever since Bring It On, I guess. I find the characters interesting. I like that they all have their own subplots despite the main conflict of the gymnastics competition. I find all the characters sympathetic, even the mean girl, because they show you her vulnerable side. Also, I think the girl who plays Payson Keeler sort of looks how I pictured Kasey, my protagonist of THE ART OF SELLING MY SISTER. She’s a little taller, but that’s okay. The actress is Ayla Kell.
4. Also, my guilty pleasure of the summer is finally back. Big Brother. I subscribe to the feeds, which I always find a little weird because I can watch them sleep if I want to. Does that make me Edward Cullen? Still, it’s the best when you catch scheming and conversations the edited TV versions withhold from the viewers.
5. Wedding planning is going well. So far we have the venue (ceremony in same place as reception) booked which includes all food as well as the cake, band for both ceremony and reception, photographer, and videographer booked. We also blocked hotel rooms for our out of town guests. Next up is the more creative stuff. I’m trying to design a monogram, save the dates, and a website. The only thing stopping me is time. After that, I think I have to find a florist and then of course the dress! But I prob won’t have time to do either of those things until after SCBWI LA.
6. My engagement ring was way too big for my finger despite me attempting to get my finger sized before hand. So I’ve been without my ring for two weeks since I had to send it to Seattle to get resized by the jeweler’s headquarters. It’s coming back on Wednesday though. Some of you guys asked to see it so I’ll post pics below the cut. Though it appears on the wrong finger, it’s actually correct, I had to flip my hand an odd way to snap the photos.