1. I am going to The Hamptons with my girlfriends this weekend for some beach tanning, wine touring, and gossip. Very excited!
2. The retelling revision is coming along well. I think I need a new opening chapter (not surprising, I usually rewrite my openings several times until I find the hookiest one) but I’ve gotten through 1/3 of the book already, making note of the bigger changes for later and doing the line edits that are necessary as I come to them. It’s working well.
3. I got my engagement ring back and it fits! I heart it. I also hear the boy who gave it to me.
4. I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I thought it was hilarious, more of a rom com than an action-adventure movie. I read the book so long ago that I really didn’t remember most of it except for the Big Things and so I found myself slightly confused in places. I’m not sure what the point of having Fenrir Greyback in the movie was because he didn’t end up doing anything except Look Menacing. And I thought the final battle scene was a bit of a let down, but I still really enjoyed watching it. The two and a half hours flew by, which doesn’t always happen in movies of that length. I LOVE Luna! And I liked Slughorn a lot.
5. The next 3 weeks will be consumed with revising, packing and moving to a new apartment and unpacking, wedding planning, and then finally SCBWI LA. If blogging is sporadic at best during this time, that’s why. Hopefully I’ll be able to do some SCBWI recaps each night though!