1. I’m thankful that I’m finally back to revising THE ART OF SELLING MY SISTER. I love this book so much, and it’s so great to get back to characters I know so well and adore. I’m rewriting the entire act 3 of this one and changing the mystery solution so it’s "bigger" and "more satisfying." I’m also amping the conflict.
2. I’m thankful that a good majority of shows are in reruns right now because I was FINALLY able to catch up on my extensive TV following schedule. I’m also thankful the Locke episode of LOST was significantly better than the waste-of-time Kate episode. I’m thankful I’m absolutely LOVING "Life Unexpected." I have a new major crush on Baze, though it’s not *so* new since I was crushing on him when I watched him on "Valentine" even though I was probably that show’s only viewer. I’m also thankful "Vampire Diaries" was renewed for a 2nd season.
3. I’m thankful for all the fabulous books I’ve been reading lately after picking up a bunch at ALA. So far I have loved: Linger, Sisters Red, The Reckoning, Before I Fall, and Spells. I’m going to be giving away at least one of these books very soon.
4. I’m thankful my wedding dress and invitations are in! I’m going to try on the dress on Saturday to make sure it’s the right one and the right size (though this will not be a first fitting, I’m scheduling that later in case some miracle happens and I actually start working out before the wedding). As I mentioned on twitter, I’ll post pics…but not until after the wedding since the boy reads the blog and I don’t want him seeing it before the Big Day.
5. I’m thankful about the new outline I wrote this month for my next WIP, which ideally I’ll start writing in March. I did write a portion during nano, but I knew some things weren’t working. Now I’ve figured out how to make them work. However, this requires starting from scratch. Still, this is a good thing! I know the manuscript will be much stronger! This is my first time dabbling in something paranormal, not contemporary, and I’m excited about that as well.
6. I’m thankful for my awesome critique partners who have helped immensely with talking about revision ideas for my sisters book as well as the new WIP. You guys rock,