1. I’m in the middle of a pretty large revision and I heart it so much. I’m removing a subplot, reducing the roles of two characters, increasing the role of another character, combining a bunch of scenes together, adding some awesome new scenes I am beyond excited to write, adding more clarity and information in places it lacked, and also adding more humor/making the voice more consistent/wittier. I’ve already revised several conversations that are much funnier than they were before and I love the added humor! I’m so excited by these revisions. It’s going to be epic, but so so worth it when I’m done. I just wish I could devote all my waking hours to this instead of having to waste my time at work…or sleeping.
2. Aside from email stalking because of querying, I’ve also been snail mail stalking because of wedding invitation responses. So far my acceptance rate is very high! And when I get a rejection? It hurts a lot more than a writing R, especially when it’s a form "No" without a concrete reason! The personalized responses are my favorite, like the ones that draw a smiley face in the "will attend" box. I also get some interesting adverbs. The response card says, "So so will ________ attend" and people will write in an adverb usually "gladly" or "definitely" but then we get some like "obviously" which was my favorite. My sister tried to think of something funny, but she failed with "reluctantly."
3. My bachelorette party was last weekend. I had such a great time! The adorable Jen Hayley came! My sister planned the perfect event. It started at Color Me Mine ceramics studio where I painted a platter for guests to sign at the wedding. Except…I spelled my future last name wrong on it! Doh. Luckily I as able to wipe it off and start again. And the sad part was that I had JUST joked about how funny it would be if I accidentally misspelled it. Self-fulfilling prophecy. After that we went back for drinks at my sister’s apartment, then dinner at Mexican, which I love. And then bar hopping where we had guys sign my shirt to give me advice. I bet you could never guess what kind of advice guys give. Anyway, I posted pics on Facebook, but here are a select few:
From left to right: Picture 1 = Me and my sister. Picture 2 = Me and Jen Hayley. Picture 3 = me at ceramics. Picture 4 = the girls at dinner.
4. I’m getting really excited for BEA next month. Anyone planning on coming to NYC that I don’t already know about? We have to meet up!
5. Don’t forget to join the Veronica Mars discussion. You can discuss the pilot here or join us next Thursday for episode 2.