1. I am running a twitter contest to win e-galleys of PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White and ASCENDANT by Diana Peterfreund, plus a paperback arc of RAMPANT by Diana. Tweet about the contest and include @shanasilver to enter. Contest ends tonight at 11:59pm. Enter as many times as you want, but each entry will need a separate tweet! Must be a follower of @shanasilver to enter.
2. I am THISCLOSE from finishing my revisions. Only like 20 pages left! (Plus another read through to make sure I haven’t missed anything.) I am trying to stay away from twitter and blogs until I get this done because I’ve got some good momentum, but I’m taking a break to write this. I love the revisions so so much. I may even post a teaser on Tuesday for my fave new scene that might just be my favorite scene I ever wrote. The book is much funnier now and the excess subplots have been removed to streamline the story. I am so excited! I’m also kind of shocked that it worked out to roughly the same word count, even though I cut a lot and added a lot. Pretty cool.
3. Accidentally I cheated on my revisions yesterday because a scene for my next WIP came to me and I was afraid I’d lose it. Like, it came dialogue and all so I quickly jotted it down as fast as I could. It’s more of a bare bones scene since it doesn’t have description or actions, just dialogue, some inner monologue, some scene blocking but only summary of what happens. Maybe it’s more of an outline. (And I didn’t allow myself to cheat until i finished my revision quota for yesterday.) I am super excited to start on this book as soon as I finish my revisions to my current one. This one is another retelling that’s similar to the one above in terms of the retelling angle, but different characters, different book retold, etc. They both stand on their own but are tied thematically, like Gregory Maguire’s books.
Also, I’m totally in love with the new love interest and I can’t wait for my critique partners (and hopefully the world) to meet him! This book is going to be fun to write.
4. I had a blast on the honeymoon and when I finish revisions, I will do a more thorough post about it. I read 4 books while I was away: SPIRIT BOUND by Richelle Mead, THE DUFF by Kody Keplinger, MATCHED by Ally Condie, and DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver. It was an awesome reading week because I LOVED all 4 books. I’d been in kind of a reading slump for a while, mostly due to lack of time because of wedding planning, so it felt so good to lose myself in such wonderful books.
5. Even though I had a blast at BEA and received tons of books I’m excited to read, I’m kind of jealous of everyone going to ALA this weekend! Wish I was going there too.