Friday FiveFiled under: Uncategorized
1. um, can we talk about Vampire Diaries from last night? Actually, I didn’t say that loud enough. What I mean was OMGWTFVAMPIREDIARIES?!??!??! And I also meant HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO LAST UNTIL APRIL 7?!?!??!?! I guess maybe this will hold me over:
2. I started my new job this week and it’s definitely an adjustment. The accident in the Lincoln Tunnel yesterday didn’t help–it made me late for my second day of work. Oops! I’ve been in meetings pretty much non-stop since I got there and I have to say, it’s been rough going cold turkey from the internet. As soon as 5pm hit, instead of going directly into the subway (i.e. the land of no cell service), I went outside and downloaded all my emails and loaded twitter. I couldn’t read them fast enough! I felt like I was an addict desperately trying to get my fix! Yesterday I got a lunch break (which I’ve never had before!) so I had my fix at 12:30pm and frantically emailed everyone back I could. Good thing I type fast. (Denise Jaden, who got 4 email replies from me, can attest to this!)
But I will say right now, internet friends, I miss you during the day!!!
3. My sister’s getting married in exactly a month and I have to write a speech since I’m Matron of Honor. I’m a writer, this should be easy, right? But I write fiction! I make up the funny/whacky/interesting stuff! So my question is, friends, do you think she’d mind if in my speech I told the story of when we met a vampire alien who used to be an angel on his planet but had fallen and become a mer-wolf in the process? Also, he sparkled. Also, he had to choose between us. Since this is her wedding, he chose her, naturally. But the twist is she chose the human, her (future) hubby! It’s a good speech, right?
4. I’m exhausted and can’t think of a number 4 (let alone a 5) so I shall just post this:
5. mmmmm abs.
6. For real, don’t forget to join March Madness next week on Denise Jaden’s blog! And stop back here on Tuesday to log your goals!