1. I will be at the first two panels for the NYC Teen Author Festival tomorrow. If you see me there, come say hi! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend any other events earlier in the week. And I can’t stay the entire day tomorrow because…
2. My sister is getting married next weekend so this weekend is crunch time! I managed to push back all the things I have to do (dress fittings, facial, some arts and crafts projects I’m helping out with) until Saturday evening and Sunday so it looks like only two panels will fit into my schedule. Sadness!
3. But I did make time to meet the lovely Kim Harrington of CLARITY fame for dinner last night! I love meeting with writers in person and discussing the biz. No one else gets it like another writer! Too bad it didn’t occur to me to take a phone. I shall hopefully do this tomorrow!
4. I’m getting my first taste at doing copy edits. It’s part of my day job, I spent all week writing an 80-page (single spaced in Word *headdesk*) instruction manual and one of the editors copy edited it. I’m now going through and implementing the changes. I can’t tell you how exciting this is for me! I clearly have no life.
5. I’m really happy COMMUNITY was renewed. So far all the shows I really care about have been renewed or are looking likely. Yay!
I’m also intrigued by the Hunger Games casting news. I haven’t seen Jennifer Lawrence act, and most likely I’m too wimpy to actually watch The Hunger Games in the theater, but I still find myself following casting news with interest.