1. I still feel like I relate better to teens than adults. I’ve discussed this before but whenever there are adult storylines on shows that focus predominately on teenagers, I unintentionally tune out the adult sagas. To the point where sometimes I don’t even realize the adults *had* a story line until someone asks me what I thought about it. Bring me swoony teenage boys over hot 20somethings (or EEK! It’s thirty somethings for me, now, isn’t it?). Which was why this week was rather shocking and depressing for me. Within the same week, my husband and I bought a car and searched for a house. This is too much maturity for one person to handle in such a short time frame. Excuse me while I go drown in teen books to medicate myself over the experience.
2. Blogging is still a bit sporadic because I’m waist deep in my revisions and working my butt off (or at least I hope I am because it would be nice if revisions always resulted in a leaner butt). I love this book so much! Don’t tell my other books, but it might just be my favorite that I’ve written.
3. I recently went to check what keywords brought people to my site and I laughed at the list.
Many people search for “Jersey Shore Yearbook Photos” which, yes, you can find on my blog. Along with truly scary photos of me with braces and ugly hair! And one with an unfortunate tan.
A lot of people want to know more about the CBS March Madness graphics.
Someone searched “sentence anticipator” which is something I apparently once blogged about.
I also seem to be an expert on literary devices in various books. For example, here are a few searches that brought people to my site:
Timeline on the book Jellicoe Road
Antagonists in Ally Carter I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You
My English teachers would be proud!
And I also seem to be an expert on superpowers for teen girls in the 80s and 90s. I had searches for:
Out of this World Evie (Speaking of, I may have accidentally watched all the episodes available on YouTube recently)
Girl who turns into silver goo (It made me laugh, but it’s actually The Secret World of Alex Mack.)
This research all leads me to one conclusion: I talk about TV a lot. And people seem to want to know more about it.
4. Which brings me to…last night there was a Veronica Mars shout out on Community! This excites me so much!
5. I’m registering for SCBWI LA today. I CAN’T WAIT!
And in related news, I’m ridiculously excited for BEA.