What it’s about:
That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.
Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.
But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?
I’m so glad I got more of him in this book and that I loved him even more this time around.
All the characters are great though. I love vampire Jenna’s obsession with pink. And the demon kids Sophie meets were equally creepy and intriguing.
Seriously, I read this book with a smile on my face the entire time, even as I frantically turned pages desperate to see what would happen.
And gah!!! Holy mother of cliffhangers, Batman! I need Book 3 yesterday. I can’t wait to see how the next installment goes, because if it’s anything like this one, and with the drama the cliffhanger promises, I know it’s going to be awesome.
Check out what the other Bookanistas are reading this week:
- Shelli Johannes-Wells gives us THE ROYAL TREATMENT
- Elana Johnson hosts a blog tour stop for 101 SUCCESS SECRETS FOR GIFTED KIDS with a giveaway
- Shannon Messenger adores THE DAY BEFORE plus a giveaway
- Carolina Valdez Miller is passionate about POSSESSION and gives away an ARC
- Beth Revis shares some SOLSTICE cover love
- Lisa and Laura Roecker and Stasia Ward Kehoe marvel over MOONGLASS
- Megan Miranda and Veronica Rossidelve into DIVERGENT
- Shana Silver shows her desire for DEMONGLASS
- Carrie Harris is PUTTING MAKEUP ON DEAD PEOPLE
- Sarah Frances Hardy wants to be just LIKE MANDARIN
- Christine Fonseca is in love with DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES with a giveaway