Come back tomorrow for my BEA recap post! But first:
The fabulous Lisa and Laura Roecker had the great idea for an I <3 INDIE day where participating blogs share why they love their local indie.
I immediately jumped on to participate because there’s one bookstore I heart so much!
BOOKS OF WONDER
- It’s a children’s lit ONLY bookstore. YA, MG, and Picture Books, aka HEAVEN!
- One word: CUPCAKES. And not only are the cupcakes delicious, but they are adorably decorated with little flowers on top:
- They have awesome events often. I went to the midnight release party for Mockingjay where Suzanne Collins read from an excerpt and then stamped our books with her signature. I’ve gone to many concerts put on by TIGER BEAT, a band comprised of YA authors including Libba Bray. I’ve attended many amazing book signings with several authors involved. And I’ve attended cool parties, such as the Sourcebooks Fire launch party. It seems if authors come to New York City, more often than not they do an event at Books of Wonder. WHICH IS GREAT. Because it means I get to go to it!
- It’s near the 18th street 1 train. Not the best reason to love a book store but it makes it much easier for me to get home from Books of Wonder than any other store!
- Whenever author friends come to visit NYC and want to meet up, I automatically suggest Books of Wonder. I mean, what’s better than cupcakes and book talk while surrounded by amazing books?
Here are some photos I’ve taken at Books of Wonder:
Teen Beat performing
Suzanne Collins reading
Crowd at one signing
You can also follow us on Twitter using the tag #iheartindies. Because today is all about spreading the love. You can win a book of your choice from Lisa and Laura’s blog.
Check out what other Indies we love on the following blogs:
Lisa and Laura Roecker
Sarah Frances Hardy
Carolina Valdez Miller
Sara Bennett Wealer