My newest projectFiled under: Uncategorized
You may or may not have noticed that I’ve been MIA on this blog for the past few months. I have a good reason for this. I’ve been working on a new project! This project is awesome for several reasons:
- It did not require any revisions
- It didn’t even require any writing, unless you count a few forms I had to fill out
- Though I’m proud of ALL my WIPs, I’m definitely the most in love with this one
- This project requires the most stressful character name search EVER.
- This project took A LOT out of me. In fact, I was so exhausted from working on it that I had to change my bed time from 11pm to 7pm! That meant I slept through most of November sweeps! The horror!
- Unlike my other writing projects, I had to change my diet a bit for this one. Usually I ingest lots of coffee to keep me awake for late night writing but this time I nearly cut out caffeine completely! And a few other things (like cold cuts).
- Lastly, I usually do most of my writing and reading on my bus commute but I had to set that aside in favor of brainstorming, or more accurately, just sitting still.
But the best part is I already have an estimated pub date: July 4th (give or take 2 weeks). I can’t wait for the debut of this project (though I’m a little nervous about the delivery).
Here’s a special preview of my latest project. Please note, this is only a rough draft:
This photo was taken yesterday when I was exactly 3 1/2 months pregnant with my first child! Though I love my book babies, I’m pretty excited for this actual baby!
Now that I’ve gotten some energy back and can read on the bus again without getting nauseous, I’m planning to kick my writing into high gear and get as much done before the baby arrives this summer.
My husband and I plan to find out the sex of the baby as soon as possible, even if that means an elective gender scan. But there’s one thing I know for sure, I’m growing a future writer in here!