1. I’m heading to the SCBWI NYC conference this weekend. I can’t wait to hang out with everyone, meet people I haven’t met before, reunite with those I have met. Tonight I’m going to kidlit drinks night so if you see me, please say hi! And tomorrow night I can’t wait for the blueboarder dinner! Plus, the conference itself should be awesome as well. My sister has graciously let (read: she had no choice) me stay in her apartment this weekend so I didn’t have to commute from NJ.
2. Last weekend, I had dinner and drinks with some fabulous writers who I know from Absolute Write. We had such a great time, and even though not all of us have met in person before, it felt like meeting old friends.
Clockwise from the token guy aka Steve Cordero, Sarah Eve Kelly, Kody Keplinger, Wendy Cebula, ME!, Jen Hayley, Chandler Craig
3. I never had a chance to do an ALA recap, but I had such an awesome time. I brought my future mother-in-law and we bonded. Hung out with lots of YA writers, bloggers, chatted with editors. It was amazing. I came home with 40 books. I’ve plowed through a few already, and I plan to give some out on my blog in the coming months, so stay tuned!
4. I finally finished revisions to my retelling and sent it off to my agent today! I’m so excited about this book. I really really love it, and I can’t wait to hear what she thinks!
5. Between the revision cave, my lack of mac (because I hate the temporary PC and was only trying to use it when I absolutely had it), and wedding planning, I’ve had to let other things slide. Like blogging.